Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Gift Box

Hello hope everyone is having a good May so far. Ours is going okay. Its been busy this past week and a half. Reason why I have not made a post yet. We had DH parents in town last week, they only stayed a week but I spent a few days getting the house ready. Had to convert the craft room to a guest bedroom...lol I will say the fold up table did come in handy, all I did was fold it up and store it till they left. I lose my room while there here but no biggie....lol Anyway they left left this past weekend so Monday I got my room back and I spent Tuesday working on some Mother's Day cards. I will post those next but first I wanted to share this altered gift box.
I will be honest I made this a few weeks ago and was saving it for the Patches of Pink design team post. But Jalisa has decided to take a break from here blog being she just had her second child not long ago and I really do understand time is limited. I don't have kids so I can only imagine how hard it is to handle a baby and a small child to take care of. So for now she is going to be taking a break and I wont be making any more Design team post for Patches of Pink. I very much enjoyed the 5 months I got to work with all the great ladies and thank her for having me having me on her DT. So with that said I thought I share this anyways.

I got this box with the necklace I bought for my mom and I did not like it so I thought why not dress it up....lol I had seen this idea for making flowers on a video and thought how cute is that. So I had to try it. The flower is made from nothing but circle die cuts so you can use your die cut machine or dies and a old book. I used nest abilities circle dies I had. I covered the box and used tim holtz distress ink and glimmer mist. Also used the distress in and glimmer mist on the flower as well. Well thanks for looking and I will another post tomorrow. Since our company is gone and I have got caught up on things life is getting back to normal....lol

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...