Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dog days of summer

Not my pup but this is how all the furry friends feel right now.
Extreme measures to keep cool...lol
Okay is it just us or everyone having hot temps,  here in Texas its plan misable. Tonight on way home from bike ride I seen a bunny in a yard and it was just sitting there panting. It was so hot it did not hardly move, it said to heck with it I am not moving. LOL Poor thing and it was a big black bunny at that. And as I watered the garden tonight at 9 pm a cat come in our yard panting. Its just been crazy hot here. Be nice if we could get some rain we have not seen rain in a while. I found our ground is cracking by our drive even with watering it. Our garden is not doing so hot in the heat, have lost some of my veggie plants. I am down to tomato's and peppers and bells peppers. So anyway hope others are getting to see rain and cooler temps. I just had to share this photo cause this is how we all feel right now...lol I got it off the local news web site. Well off to craft I have not had time this week so I am going to now. Will post it Friday or over weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi i am so pleased I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching Yahoo for something else, At Any Rate I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a wonderful blog posting and a all round intriguing blog (I also love the theme/design), I do not have time to read it all at the right now but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds.

laurie said...

Hi Crafty Shell....it's colorofinspiration.......adorable picture of the popsicle pooch !! I might just need to print that picture off for my little one....lol....Hot does not seem appropriate for that is happening in the middle of our country. Ode to the extremes....last March we were part of the Rhode Island 500 year flood....not fun at all but there were angles over our house sending prayers because we did not flood. Our yard had water but our house and storage shed were all spared. Quite a miracle considering that 20 feet from our front door is the stream, The Queen's River. Never a day I want back or to rethink....So, my feelings go out to those of you who have to deal with this extreme heat. Not fun. Debilitating really. Take care of yourself and family....and garden too (you need to eat!)! Cool post and now it is time to rummage through the rest of your website and catch up!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...