Monday, April 25, 2011

Well Easter did not go as planned...

Well we went to east Texas for Easter but thing did not go as planned. I woke up late so that put us off picking my mom up. So my brother went to pick her up. After we got there about 2pm my brother calls and he said he was not going to be able to get mom. The nurses at the nursing home said she had been sleeping all day and could not stay awake. So they said they did not recommend we take her. I was disappointed but what can you do, felt bad she did not get to get out for Easter. Had not seen her since Christmas. And since we went down for Easter and mothers day is in two weeks this was going to be the only trip we could make. But the one good thing was my brother Richard showed up I had not seen him in 6 months so that was nice to visit with him. He was his old self it was great he had us falling over laughing. We was all sitting at the diner table talking about old time as kids growing up and stupid stuff we all did as we are laughing our heads off. I remember looking around the table thinking how much it felt like the old days. I loved it, i miss those days. After a few hours we all started to get ready to leave to make the drive home. And we had to make a stop to drop DH deer head off. Yes deer head he is getting it mounted...lol I will have to look at the poor deer on our wall come Oct. But least it is out of my freezer! hated looking at the horns every time I went out there. So as we leave to make the drive home we get a call we have bad storms coming and they are hitting our town right now.We call neighbor and she said yes its here and next thing you know she says gotta go my fence just went. What! The sirens were going off and the winds was worse than the last storm. So we are two hours from the house and our pets are by them selves and one hates storms she will shake so bad. And about hour and half into our trip we run across the storm. It was pretty ruff, the rain was heavy heavy and the winds was making it hard to drive. A lot of lighting and I hate lighting. So we get home and we see the front everything is fine then we go to the back and other than a ladder that blew near the back door everything was fine. Fence still up shed still there, so everything was all good. But next door her back fence went down. So anyway that was our Easter day. And to top that off my mom called as we getting ready to go home asking where we was and if we was coming to take her out. Really! I am so upset at the nurses for talking my brother into leaving her. Anyway hope everyone elses Easter went better...lol

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...